Now you can visit the Museum of the Coastal Bend online or in-person! View the introductory video, below, for a preview of what you'll see either way.
MCB strives to bring the past to life—for adult and youth groups, church groups, community organizations, and families. Check out our collection of unique artifacts with a guided tour, or try hands-on activities such as throwing spears, creating a pinch pot, or using stone tools. Contact us to plan your museum experience: (361) 582-2511
Schedule a Group Visit
For groups of 10+ MCB offers guided tours on Tuesdays - Fridays, 10am - 3pm. $1.50 per person. To book a visit, contact the museum at (361) 582-2511 or email@example.com.
- Please call the museum if your visit needs to be canceled or rescheduled, or to make other changes.
- To learn more about what’s here, check out the Exhibits section of our website.
School Program Fees
- Students are $1.50 each.
- Chaperones are free.
- 4th and 7th grade school groups from the Victoria Independent School District and Calhoun Independent School District are funded through the ISDs and MCB – these groups visit the museum for free.
If you are struggling to fund your field trip, please let us know – sponsorship may be available. Our history should be accessible to all.
Teacher Resources at MCB
The MCB Teacher Resource and Field Trip Guide field trip guide includes information about how our tours align with TEKS, pre- and post- field trip activities, and more. Visit the Resources page for links to all resources.
- Advance reservations are required for education programs.
- Large groups may be divided into smaller sections to make programs run smoothly.
- Every ten students must have an adult chaperone (at least 18 years old), who is admitted free.
- Students must be accompanied by adults at all times.
- Food and drink can harm our artifacts; please don’t bring them inside. Lunches may be eaten outdoors on the college campus.
Want a piece of MCB?
Pre-order souvenir bags for your group! We offer two versions, priced at $1 and $5 per bag. For more information, check out the Souvenir bag flyer, or contact Cheryl Beran at (361) 582-2434 or firstname.lastname@example.org.